Friday, April 24, 2015

Anticipating the Journey

Since November 2014 I have looked forward to a European trip which begins with my arrival in Hamburg, Germany next Tuesday, April 28, 2015 and will end July 15, 2015 when I return to California. My previous blog titles have been borrowed from Mary Oliver's inspiring poetry as will be the title of this blog - movingthegrains - from her 2004 poem, Song of the Builders.

On a summer morning
I sat down
on a hillside
to think about God -

a worthy pastime.
Near me, I saw
a single cricket;
it was moving the grains of the hillside

this way and that way.
How great was its energy,
how humble its effort.
Let us hope

it will always be like this
each of us going on
in our inexplicable ways
Building the universe.

~~~

So very soon I will begin moving the grains of the European hillside this way and that in my inexplicable way, and sharing that journey with you.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your beautiful, sure to be very informative blog. Thanks for including us on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, what a great way to begin this blog. I love this sentiment and love thinking about all of the inexplicable ways we move our own grain. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete